Saturday, August 26, 2006

Organic ranking Vs Paid inclusion

I would say, organic ranking (result ranked by search engine itself) and paid inclusion are both very important. They compliment each other to give you the maximum traffic you can get for your website.

Statistically, more than 70% of the web surfers would click on an organic search result on a SERP (Search Engine Result Page) and less than 30 % would click on a paid advertisement/ sponsored link. If your organic optimization is done very well, at least 80% of your traffic would be from organic search and less than 20 % would be from paid inclusion ad. My company's web traffic report shows similar statistics.

Try all ways you can to improve your organic searchability. After that, do a good research on keywords and then launch a paid inclusion campaign. Afterall, you just need to pay for all the clicks you get. You can also limit the number of clicks you want for a specified period. Trust me, the cost per lead from search engine marketing (SEM) is much cheaper than other traditional marketing methods. Moreover, SEM gives me much more qualified leads - in this case, web users search for us and are interested in our products. I don't need to go out to introduce my company and products, they come and knock on my door themselves. Which one do you think is better?

Of course, to succeed, you need to use good keywords and compelling Ads and site/page descriptions. So web surfers can locate your site, and would think your site is relevant to their search, so would click on your link for more information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day!
Just found this site and thought it might be useful to chat to people who are trying to accomplish the same as me!

I spend too much of my life on the internet and look forward to chatting to you all and picking up and sharing ideas along the way!


Take care!