Saturday, August 26, 2006

Want to learn more about e-marketing?

Have been working as an e-marketing professional for a few years now, and seriously I feel so bad about myself of not using blogs and knowing so little about blogs. (I need to keep up on all emerging technology to stay at the top!.. oh well.. at least.. trying...)

That's why I decided to start my own blog. To use this technology and hopefully can exchange ideas with other e-marketing professionals and anyone who is interested in knowing more about internet marketing.

I like internet marketing as it is the type of marketing you can see and measure the results almost instantly after you launch your campaign. You can also change your campaign anytime according to the results. Yes, I like to see result and improve campaign based on data collected. I am a strong believer in data driven marketing. Other traditional marketing channel won't allow you to do this. Direct mailer is much more costly and it is much harder and takes much longer to plan and to see the results.

Anyway, I am going to share the stuff I know about internet marketing in my blog. Please feel free to share your knowledge and exchange ideas here. From there, all of us can learn more about e-marketing and benefit from there.

I want to know more about RSS feed, podcasting, blogs and their applications in a B2B business environment. I am currently doing some research online and see which of these new technologies can be applied to my company's website/ marketing mix, to drive more traffic and increase searchability. Please kindly share your thoughts on these technology here! :)

In return, I will share all I know about e-marketing... about paid inclusion (like Google AdWord), landing pages, reciprocal linkages, search engine friendly design, site map and e-mail marketing etc. I might not be very details in the beginning, but just want to share my experience and findings first to get the discussions started.

I am very excited to have this blog. Hopefully I will get new comments and ideas from different people. Knowledge sharing helps all of us to learn more about this relatively new and exciting field of marketing. Let's use this blog as a learning facilitator!

Sincerely,

June

No comments: