Sunday, August 27, 2006

Some very interesting Blog statistics from comScore's study

Recently, I came across a very interesting study done by comScore. Below are some statistics you might find useful or interesting to know.

Quoting from the comScore study:
1) Of 400 of the biggest blogs observed, segmented by seven (nonexclusive) categories, political blogs were the most popular, followed by "hipster" lifestyle blogs, tech blogs and blogs authored by women (hey.. so my blog has a potential to be popular - mine is a tech blog authored by a woman! :) )

Check out the statistics below:

Blog visitor share by category

2) Compared to an average Internet user, blog readers are significantly more likely to live in wealthier households, be younger and connect to the Web on high-speed connections.

Check out the statistics below:

Blog visitors' boardband access


Blog visitors' income

(mmm... oh well, for this one, I think it does apply to me. See, I am young, and connected to the web on hgh speed internet. Still need some more time to be wealthy though...)

3) Blog readers also visit nearly twice as many web pages as the Internet average, and they are much more likely to shop online.
(For this one, I think it is just a corelation but not a cause and effect! Personally, I browse a lot of pages and shop online a lot before I became a blogger! I bought books, cosmetics, threatre tickets online way before I became a blogger!)

4) Blogspot.com (Blogger.com), was launched in 1999 by Pyra Labs, and now owned by Google, is the most popular blog host. (Now you know why I switched my blog here!) Believe it or not, once I host my blog with blogspot.com, the traffic to my blog increased. I kept track of the blog traffic using statcounter, a very good free web statistics software. Check it out and see if it is good for your use (The free version has some limitations). See below for the traffic distribution for different blog hosts:

Traffic distribution for different blog hosts

For more interesting blog statistics, click here to see the full study.

9 comments:

Raju said...

Very nice blog.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and useful statistics. Thank you.

Webmaster@Pasteurizers.Info
www.pasateurizers.info

Anonymous said...

huh.. luv this !

Anonymous said...

These stats seem to describe me pretty well haha. That's interesting to have these demographics laid out like this.

Matt from Best Cash Back said...

Wow.. interesting statistics. It's crazy how much these stats mirror myself and my friends who blog. Creepy... am I being watched too?

seo sydney said...

Its nice starting a personnel blog which is good in telling you how much traffic comes to you, but writing a blog is not a child’s play. You must have good experience of at least writing and listening. All the good writers are who speak lesser and listen more.

Anonymous said...

It took me a long time to search online, only your site open up the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Laura

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog!.. Thanks for posting.. very informative.. Keep sharing valuable ideas.. I've learned a lot from it! Great work!

dissertation said...

I think it does concern to me. See, I am young, and associated to the web on high speed internet,